WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republicans are running short of time, money and options to stop Democrats from winning a majority of seats in the U.S. Senate, and with them full control of Congress, in an election that is now only two weeks away.
- Trump seeks campaign boost in battleground Pennsylvania with two weeks to go
- Explainer: Another possible risk in U.S. election - 'faithless electors'
- Trump calls Fauci a 'disaster' and seeks to reassure his team he can win
- California says it will independently review coronavirus vaccine
- In 2016, Trump won these Rust Belt counties on the economy. In 2020, he might lose them over coronavirus
- Wisconsin judge reimposes COVID restrictions as U.S. nursing homes sound alarm
- U.S. Supreme court rejects Republican bid to limit mail-in voting in Pennsylvania
- Ghislaine Maxwell loses bid to keep her Jeffrey Epstein testimony secret
More News »
YEREVAN/BAKU (Reuters) - Armenia and Azerbaijan said on Tuesday their foreign ministers would meet U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in Washington on Friday in efforts to end the heaviest fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh since the 1990s.
- Israel says UAE visit 'making history' - Palestinians call it 'shameful'
- France shuts Paris mosque in crackdown after teacher's beheading
- China says U.S. should stop meddling after exiled Tibetan leader visits State Department
- EU takes legal action against 'golden passport' schemes in Cyprus, Malta
- Russian defence ministry rejects 'unacceptable' proposal to cut military staff
- Swelled by rain and COVID curbs, locust swarms ravage Ethiopia
- Spain considers curfews to fight new coronavirus wave
- Suspected Islamists free 1,300 prisoners from east Congo jail
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department and 11 states filed an antitrust lawsuit against Alphabet Inc's Google on Tuesday for allegedly breaking the law in using its market power to fend off rivals.
- Trump pushes for major COVID-19 deal over Senate Republican objections
- Wall Street climbs with focus on stimulus
- U.S. single-family homebuilding accelerates in September
- Analysis: For Biden, ambitious economic plans may wait on battle with coronavirus
- Walmart cranks up advertising drive, with or without TikTok
- U.S. says Berkshire Hathaway to pay $4.1 million to settle alleged Iran sanctions violations
- Lockheed Martin raises full-year outlook after profit beat
- U.S. stocks gain, dollar falls as stimulus hopes grow
More Business »
- Netflix turns to telecoms tie-ups in challenging African markets
- 'Rebecca' proves to be the novel that keeps on giving
- Pitt's 'Fight Club' jacket, 'Pretty Woman' boots up for sale in memorabilia auction
- Former ABC executive to become chairwoman of Warner Bros. TV
- AMC to reopen more theaters in the United States
- Liam Neeson Thriller 'Honest Thief' Leads Cratering U.S. Box Office
- Movie theaters outside New York City to reopen at 25% capacity, Cuomo says
- Veteran Warner Bros. TV executive Roth to step down next year
More Pop Culture »
(Reuters) - A Major League Baseball (MLB) season that once appeared doomed by COVID-19 approaches the finish line on Tuesday, as a World Series showdown between the Tampa Bay Rays and the Los Angeles Dodgers kicks off in Arlington, Texas.
- Kobe's 2008 MVP jersey to be displayed at Smithsonian museum
- Challenging year has not diminished World Series crown, says Kershaw
- Japan will take steps to guard against Olympics cyberattacks
- Cycling: Team Emirates rider Gaviria tests positive for COVID-19 a second time
- Athletics: Anti-doping charges against world 400m champion Naser dismissed
- Greece drops plan to allow spectators back into stadiums amid COVID-19 spike
- Small market Rays find way back to MLB's big stage
- ATP roundup: Tiafoe reaches second round in Antwerp
More Sports »