(Reuters) - During their detention last month in a U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility in Laredo, Texas, Karen and her two young sons were constantly cold. The family, which fled violence in Honduras, slept on a hard floor in a holding cell without mattresses, she said, their clothes still wet from crossing the Rio Grande.
- California high court orders proposal to split up state removed from November ballot
- U.S. judge orders accused Russian agent jailed pending trial
- Helicopter blows over tent on California Army base, 22 injured: U.S. Army
- Scores of gymnasts who survived doctor's abuse unite at ESPYs
- Trump thanks Novartis, Pfizer for not raising drug prices
- Fierce winds, arid conditions threaten to stoke deadly Oregon wildfire
- California man pleads guilty to terrorism charges
- Two rare shark attacks reported along New York's Fire Island beaches
More News »
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House struggled on Wednesday to contain a political outcry and confusion over U.S. President Donald Trump's summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin, denying Trump ever meant to say that Moscow was no longer targeting the United States.
- Xi's campaign to draw people back to graying rural China faces uphill battle
- Rohingya report more violence, persecution in Myanmar: U.N. investigators
- Britain has identified Russians suspected of Skripal nerve attack: PA
- U.S. delegation to meet Turkish officials on Iran sanctions
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Israel adopts divisive Jewish nation-state law
- Tongue-lashings from North Korea's Kim underscore shift in focus to economy
- Syria's Assad set to recover Golan frontier as rebels surrender
(Reuters) - Disappointing earnings from eBay and American Express pushed U.S. stock index futures lower on Thursday, while trade tensions rose on news the European Union is preparing to retaliate if United States slaps tariffs on EU cars.
- Comcast drops pursuit for Fox assets
- U.S. weekly jobless claims drop to more than 48-and-a-half-year low
- Blackstone posts 55 percent rise in second quarter earnings per share
- China says U.S. blaming Xi for blocking trade deal is 'bogus'
- Firmer U.S. dollar boosts corporate interest in currency hedging
- EU readies new trade retaliation list before Trump visit
- Exclusive: General Electric's power unit faces threat in Saudi Arabia
- EU regulators charge Qualcomm with additional violation in pricing case
More Business »
MILAN (Reuters) - Space drama "First Man", which looks at the mission of U.S. astronaut Neil Armstrong to become the first man to walk on the moon, will open this year's Venice Film Festival, organizers said on Thursday.
- BBC to pay damages to Cliff Richard over police raid, says press freedom at risk
- 'The Crown' offers fans glimpse of new cast as royals
- Kurt Cobain's daughter says time for U.S. to get over mental health taboo
- 'Saturday Night Live' pulled in China amid crackdown on content
- Cancer drug movie strikes nerve in China, becomes box-office hit
- 'Mamma Mia!' sing-along returns with star-studded sequel premiere
- Boxer Mayweather, George Clooney lead world's highest paid entertainers
- Two Eds better than one: Two Ed Sheerans seen in Berlin but real Ed stays away
More Pop Culture »
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - More than 100 survivors who went public with gut-wrenching stories of abuse by former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar joined in a show of solidarity on Wednesday as they accepted an award for courage at the annual ESPYs ceremony.
- Major League Baseball notebook: Dodgers acquire Machado from Orioles
- Trout: 'Everything is cool' following Manfred comments
- Mets' Cespedes plays 1B, homers in rehab game
- NBA notebook: Spurs finally trade Leonard, ship him to Toronto
- NHL notebook: Coyotes, Blue Jackets swap prospects
- U.S. Open Cup roundup: Defending champ SKC bounced in quarters
- Golf: Ideal start for Eagle-eyed Van Rooyen
- Miami delays decision on Formula One race
More Sports »