NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. health experts on Wednesday welcomed British emergency approval of Pfizer Inc's COVID-19 vaccine, a sign that U.S. regulators may soon follow suit in a bid to bring the surging pandemic under control.
- Trump hints at 2024 run, Biden to meet with U.S. workers hit by pandemic
- U.S. judge declines to sanction Trump campaign over alleged 'disinformation' tactic
- U.S. health agency shortens quarantine guidance following coronavirus exposure
- Some New York City teachers question timing of reopening schools as COVID-19 cases soar
- The U.S. has spent billions stockpiling ventilators, but many wonât save critically ill COVID-19 patients
- U.S. Republicans balk as Trump uses defense bill for leverage on Big Tech
- Some Republican states would fight forced utility emissions cuts under Biden climate agenda
- Biden plans to keep Wray as FBI director: New York Times
More News »
DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran's Guardian Council watchdog body approved a law on Wednesday that obliges the government to halt U.N. inspections of its nuclear sites and step up uranium enrichment beyond the limit set under Tehran's 2015 nuclear deal if sanctions are not eased in two months.
- Israel receives its most advanced warship as Iran tensions rise
- Hong Kong activist Joshua Wong defiant as he is jailed over 13 months for protest
- EU tells Brexit negotiator: don't let deadline force bad trade deal
- United Nations and Ethiopia reach aid pact for war-hit Tigray
- Israel edges towards early election amid Netanyahu-Gantz feud
- U.S. sanctions accomplice of "most wanted" Mexican trafficker Caro Quintero
- Exclusive: Venezuela opposition discussing scaling back interim government, sources say
- Berating political class, Macron vows more urgent aid for Lebanese people
DALLAS (Reuters) - Boeing Co's 737 MAX staged its first post-grounding flight with media on board on Wednesday, as carriers seek to demonstrate to passengers that the redesigned jet is safe after a 20-month safety ban.
- S&P 500 hits record as investors await fiscal deal
- Appeals court schedules Dec. 14 hearing on blocked U.S. TikTok new user ban
- Fed sees little to no growth in much of U.S. as stress mounts
- U.S. to accuse Google of labor violations in clampdown on protests, fired employees say
- Pfizer-BioNTech seeks full marketing approval from UK for COVID-19 vaccine
- Drugmaker Merck divests stake in vaccine-maker Moderna
- Exclusive: LSE to win EU approval for $27 billion Refinitiv deal - sources
- U.S. private payrolls miss expectations as COVID-19 infections spread
More Business »
(Reuters) - Discovery Inc. is launching a new streaming service, called discovery+, and has a U.S. distribution deal with Verizon Communications Inc that will make the service available to 50 million customers on day one, following Disney's lead.
- Singer Cher says Kaavan will live life as an elephant, not a prisoner
- Oscars 2021 to be 'in-person telecast', will not be held virtually - Variety
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court hears appeal of Bill Cosby's 2018 sexual assault conviction
- 'Juno' actor Elliot Page comes out as transgender
- South Korea passes law to allow BTS to postpone military service
- 'Cinema under the stars' offers Indonesians safe entertainment amid pandemic
- BTS 'Dynamite' costumes to light up U.S. music charity auction
- Singer Rita Ora apologises for breaking lockdown rules with party
More Pop Culture »
TOKYO (Reuters) - Athletes will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test taken less than 72 hours before arriving in Japan for the Olympics and will be tested "every 96-120 hours" during the Games, according to a report published by organisers on Wednesday.
- Top 25 roundup: No. 8 Michigan State wins at No. 6 Duke
- Rafer Johnson, 1960 decathlon champion, dies at 86
- LeBron signs two-year, $85 million extension with Lakers
- No Hamilton as F1 faces new challenge in Bahrain
- Schumacher's dream comes true as he takes first step on Formula One journey
- BMW follows Audi to the Formula E exit
- League weighing up COVID postseason protocols, rejects 'bubble'
- Sullivan birdies his way to first round lead at Golf in Dubai Championship
More Sports »